Glamping is all the rage right now, and for good reason! It’s the perfect way to enjoy nature without giving up any of the comforts of home.
But what do you need to pack for your glamping trip? Your packing list will be a little bit different than if you were going camping the traditional way.
Check out our comprehensive glamping packing list to make sure you have everything you need for a perfect getaway. From clothes and toiletries to camping gear and food, we’ve got you covered.
The Ultimate Glamping Packing List: The Essentials
- Flashlights: Pack a few flashlights to help you see in the dark.
- Headlamps: Headlamps are great for hands-free lighting when you’re glamping.
- Lanterns: Lanterns provide ambient lighting and can help set the mood at your campsite.
- Reusable Water Bottles: Keep yourself hydrated on your glamping trip by packing a few reusable water bottles.
- Sunscreen: Make sure to pack sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun’s rays.
- Bug Spray: Bug spray is a must-have for any camping trip, especially glamping trips when you’re more likely to come into contact with bugs.
- Bear Spray: An essential for the Smoky Mountains.
- First Aid Kit: It’s always good to have a first aid kit on hand in case of emergencies.
- Sleeping gear: You may need some sleeping gear like blankets, sheets, and sleeping bags for your glamping trip. Make sure to find out what your glampsite provides so you can pack accordingly. All Stay Minty GLAMP domes come fully stocked with bedding!
- Backpack: A backpack is a must-have for any camping trip, and glamping trips are no exception. You’ll need it to carry all your gear from place to place or for day hikes.
- Lighter: You’ll need a lighter to start fires for barbequing and campfires.
- Matches: Matches are another essential for starting fires while glamping.
- Firestarter: A firestarter can help you get your fires going quickly and easily.
- Charcoal: If you’re staying at a Stay Minty GLAMP dome, you’ll have access to a barbeque!
- Firewood: For the fire pit. Be sure to buy your firewood locally so as not to bring in any non-native species or pests.
- Cleaning supplies (trash bags, paper towels, etc.): When glamping, it’s important to pack a few supplies for cleaning up after yourself. Check what is provided before you decide what to pack.
- Corkscrew: A corkscrew is a must-have for any glamping trip and something that’s not always provided!
- Can opener: Another glamping essential that’s often forgotten!
- Sealed containers for food storage
Glamping Food to Bring
If you’re staying at Stay Minty GLAMP, be sure to pack plenty of food! You’ll have access to a full kitchen (stove, fridge, and sink), as well as a barbeque and fire pit.
- Coffee: Every Stay Minty glamping dome has a Keurig coffee maker and a basic supply of pods. Be sure to pack extra if you’re big coffee drinkers!
- Tea: Tea is another great way to start the day while glamping.
- S’mores Supplies – For evenings by the fire pit!
- Drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic): Make sure to pack your favorite drinks for your glamping trip. Wine, beer, and White Claw are essentials!
- Oil and spices: Not all glampsites provide these, so be sure to check!
Glamping Clothing + Accessories to Pack
- Leggings/hiking pants: Leggings or hiking pants are a good choice for any glamping trip. They’re comfortable and can come along on any adventure!
- Hiking Boots: If you’re planning on doing any hiking while glamping, make sure to pack a good pair of hiking boots.
- Comfortable slip-on shoes: A good pair of slip-on shoes is essential for any glamping trip. They’re perfect for walks around the campground or for slipping on when you’re getting out of the tent.
- Hat: Don’t forget a hat to protect you from the sun!
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are another must-have.
- Swimsuit: If you’re staying at Stay Minty GLAMP, your dome will include a hot tub, so be sure to pack your swimsuit!
- Towel: Don’t forget to pack a towel for drying off after swimming.
- Rain jacket: A rain jacket is essential for any glamping trip – you never know when a storm will roll in.
- Lightweight jacket: A lightweight jacket is perfect for those chilly glamping mornings and nights.
Glamping Packing List: Toiletries
- Shampoo + conditioner: Don’t forget to pack your favorite shampoo and conditioner. If you’re staying at Stay Minty GLAMP, shampoo is provided!
- Soap: Pack a bar of soap or body wash for showering during your glamping trip. This is also provided if you’re staying at Stay Minty!
- Toothbrush + toothpaste: Don’t forget your toothbrush and toothpaste!
- Hair ties: Hair ties are essential for any glamping trip – you’ll want to keep your hair out of your face while you’re hiking, swimming, or just enjoying the great outdoors.
- Minimal makeup (or none at all!): Glamping is the perfect opportunity to go makeup-free. If you do want to wear makeup, pack only the essentials.
- Bathroom caddy to carry it all to and from your bathroom
Other Glamping Essentials
- Books: Glamping is the perfect opportunity to read your favorite book outdoors. Pack a few of your favorites to bring along on your trip.
- Deck of cards: A deck of cards is perfect for glamping – you can play games with friends or family around the campfire.
- Extra blankets: Don’t forget to pack extra blankets for those cool glamping nights.
- Camera: Capture all the memories of your glamping trip with a good camera.
- Phone charger: Make sure to pack a phone charger – you’ll want to be able to take pictures and stay connected while glamping.
- Portable phone charger: If you plan to be away from outlets for a while, pack a portable phone charger.
- Portable speaker: A portable speaker is perfect for glamping – you can listen to your favorite music while sitting around the campfire.
- Fairie lights: String up some fairie lights for a glamping ambiance.
- Glow sticks: Glow sticks are perfect for glamping – they add a fun touch to any campsite.
Tips for Compiling Your Glamping Packing List
Start with a packing list template: This glamping packing list is a great starting point, but you’ll want to tailor it to your specific trip. Add or delete items as needed based on the glampsite you’re staying at, the activities you plan to do, and the length of your trip.
Make sure you have everything you need for your glamping trip, but don’t overpack: It’s important to have everything you need for a comfortable glamping trip. But there’s no need to bring your entire home with you! Pare down your belongings to the essentials and enjoy the simplicity of glamping.
Pack light: This goes hand in hand with not overpacking. You’ll want to pack light so you can easily carry your belongings to and from your glampsite. And trust us, you won’t miss those extra clothes or shoes once you’re enjoying the great outdoors!
Ask about what’s provided: Before you start packing, find out what’s included at your glampsite. Many glampsites provide some or all of the cooking supplies you’ll need, so you won’t have to bring everything with you.
Enjoy your glamping trip! Once you’ve successfully packed for your glamping trip, sit back and relax. You’re ready to enjoy a perfect getaway under the stars.
We hope this glamping packing list helps make your next outdoor adventure easy and enjoyable!
What do you think? Is there anything we missed on our glamping packing list? Let us know in the comments below!
P.S. Don’t have your glampsite booked yet? Check out our gorgeous Stay Minty GLAMP domes!