Nashville, TN, aka Music City, is home to one of the largest growing cities in the country and home to us! And the best thing about Nashville is there is ALWAYS something to do! Whether that be seeing a show, catching sunset at a rooftop, mural hunting… there is something for everyone. So… WHAT SHOULD YOU DO ON YOUR TRIP?! Well, here’s 100 things to do in Nashville, Tennessee! Take your pick!
Touristy Things to Do
There ain’t nothing wrong with being a tourist, especially in this town. These are some major bucket list items for both visitors and locals alike. Click the links to be directed right to their sites to book or make reservations!
– BROADWAY DAY OR NIGHT
– BUS TOUR- hop on hop off tours available through lots of different tour companies, private or public, Here is a tour with a native on Airbnb Experiences.
– PARTY BUS/TRACTOR- lots and lots of options!
– NASHVILLE ZOO– check calendar for event like Brew at the Zoo
– BOOK A STAYCATION WITH STAY MINTY
– BOWLING AT PINEWOOD SOCIAL
– AXE THROWING AT DOWNTOWN SPORTING CLUB
– LEARN TO MAKE COCKTAILS AT LIQUOR LAB
– PHOTOWALK NASHVILLE- Take a walking photo tour in either the Gulch, 12S, or downtown with some of Nashville’s top photographers.
– ARCADE GAMES AT HEADQUARTERS BEERCADE
– DUCK BOWLING AT PINS MECHANICAL
– SIP VINO AT ARRINGTON VINYARDS
Free Things to Do
Now that you have booked a couple of tours or experiences, check out these FREE things to do!
– NATCHEZ TRACE BRIDGE– then drive the Natchez Trace (especially in the fall!)
– WALK THE JOHN SEIGENTHALER PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE
– POOLS AT PINEWOOD SOCIAL
– PICNIC AT LOVES CIRCLE
The capital of country music will definitely not leave you hanging when it comes to perusing the loads of famous vintage mementoes, instruments, cars, fashion, art and science. You’ll have the opportunity to either solo explore or take a tour of places you have only read about in history books! Click each link to snag tickets to these fab museums in Nashville!
– TOUR THE RYMAN AUDITORIUM
On the Water
Y’all Tennessee is hot! Especially in the summertime. If you are planning to visit on those warmer weather months, check out our list of the best places to splash around in all the lakes, rivers, and marinas around town.
– KAYAK THE HARPETH- many different companies for rentals or bring your own, Click here for a unique Airbnb experience.
– RENT A BOAT ON HENDERSONVILLE LAKE
– GO FISHING!
– KAYAK TO LUAU ISLAND– On Percy Priest Lake
– ANDERSON PARK BEACH AREA (On Percy Priest Lake)
There is never a dull moment in Music City. Not only do we burn the midnight oil, there is always a game, concert, pop up event, markets, etc. Check out this list below of the annual events we have as well as specific companies that offer specific experiences.
– NASHVILLE SOCCER CLUB GAME– stadium being built!
– WINTER BUCKET LIST- Check out Morgo Goes’s blog detailing everything to do in the winter in Nashville here.
– NASHVILLE FLEA MARKET– Every last weekend of the month, currently closed until June 2021
– CMA FEST
– FIRST SATURDAY ART CRAWL– Downtown in the Arcade
– CHECK NASHVILLE GURU’S PAGE FOR EVENTS WHILE IN TOWN
– TRIVIA NIGHTS- Check out Nashville Guru’s List of amazing trivia schedule here!
Nashville has so many amazing cities and small towns close to us, that it is possible that you’ll wanna check out all Tennessee has to offer. If you are planning to spend a week or more in town, we recommend looking into any of these options for a day or weekend away!
– LYNCHBURG FOR JACK DANIELS TOUR
– WALK DOWNTOWN FRANKLIN, TN– About 30 min from downtown Nashville
– GATLINBURG/SMOKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK- Check out our other blog post here detailing where to stay and what to do!
Where to Catch a Show
Country music reigns King in Nashville most nights, but did you know there are more than just honky tonks. And they don’t call it Music City for nothing! Check out our suggestions below for open mic nights, free concerts, shows with a cover, or songwriter nights! You never know who you’ll see pop in for a surprise!
– THE STATION INN– Debbie and Doyle Show recommended
– BLUEBIRD CAFE– Made famous by the show, Nashville!
– ASCEND AMPHITHEATER– Outdoor venue
– ZANIES– Stand up comedy instead of music
Nashville has so many new luxury/boutique store fronts and some of the country’s only brick and mortar USA stores, like Winky Lux. There is also the option to rent local pieces worn by CELEBRITIES from places like The Showroom! Also, if you already haven’t booked your vintage clothing tour above, make sure to check out that opportunity to be styled professionally as well!
– THIRD MAN RECORDS– Owned by Jack White from The White Stripes
– L&L MARKETPLACE– many boutiques!
One of the best things about Tennessee is that there is so much natural beauty. We have several lakes, rivers, and mountains surrounding the state that you can find something to do outside, pending weather. Check out these hikes that are easy to moderate around the greater Nashville area!
– CENTENNIAL PARK– Full scale replica of the Greek monument, the Parthenon, with paths.
Most of the waterfalls listed below are a little over a one hour drive from Nashville. We 10/10 recommend renting a car or hitting up one of your local friends to get a group to go! Most hikes are easy to moderate and allow dogs, just double check to make sure on AllTrails.com. Some places need permits so do your research for all details before you drive out!
– CUMMINS FALLS– Requires a permit before hike because on private land
Nashville’s food scene is insane and full of all the southern cookin’ you could ever ask for. It is definitely an eatin’/drinkin’ town, making this a topic for a whole other post. Make sure to check out our other blogs laying out specific options for all meals and types of cuisine. So, let’s just count eating is only ONE thing to do here in Nashville! Check out these food tours below that will also guide you to the best food options in town.
Drinking is basically a hobby when it comes to happy hours in Nashville. Nightlife is queen here so again, check out our recommendations for places to get a drink in our other blog post here. Here is a teaser of 3 suggestions for unique options outside of Broadway!
– LOSERS– best house band in town
– SANTA’S PUB– cash-only karaoke in a double wide, smoke filled trailer. The truest of Nashville experiences. Celeb sightings often here!
And there you have it, over 100+ things to do in Nashville! Always do your research on limited hours, closures, and events being postponed due to the world we live in currently. Can’t wait to see what y’all add to your lists! Leave comments below of your FAVORITE Nashville things to do!